** We are sorry to announce that due to the public health emergency, the 2021 Doylestown Borough Arts & Crafts and Summer Games Programs at Burpee Park have been cancelled. Although we understand how much the community values these programs, it was the unanimous view of all involved that cancellation is in the best interest of participants and staff.**
Borough Park and Recreation Programs include programs specifically for children as well as activities that accommodate all age groups.
Annual programs include:
- Tennis Program - BCTA tennis programs are now being held at William E. Neis Park under Coronavirus guidelines.
- First Saturday Chess (Historical Society Park) has been cancelled until further notice due to the ongoing Coronavirus public health situation.
- Youth Fishing - (Borough Dam), a community tradition that dates back as long as anyone now living can remember. Due to the ongoing public health emergency, the Youth Fishing Program, including the stocking event, Opening Day, and all Fishing Derbies, has been cancelled for 2021. Despite the cancellations, the pond will be stocked with a variety of species in 2021 and children, seniors, and the disabled may fish. The Program will return in 2022.
- Scenic Stroll is Cancelled for Spring 2021 due to Cornoavirus.
- Arts and Crafts is Cancelled for the 2021 season due to Coronavirus
- Outdoor Games is Cancelled for the 2021 season due to Coronavirus
- Summer Shows For Children are Cancelled for the 2021 season due to Coronavirus
To ensure you are notified when the programs are announced sign up for DMail.
Several area sports organizations are active in Doylestown Borough:
Baseball, softball, lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, field hockey
Doylestown Athletic Association Basketball, lacrosse, soccer
Central Bucks Athletic Association.
The Burpee Park Pavillion is not currently available for rent.