** We are sorry to announce that due to the public health emergency, the 2020 Doylestown Borough Arts & Crafts and Summer Games Programs at Burpee Park have been cancelled. Although we understand how much the community values these programs, it was the unanimous view of all involved that cancellation is in the best interest of participants and staff.**
Borough Park and Recreation Programs include programs specifically for children as well as activities that accommodate all age groups.
Annual programs include:
- Tennis Program - BCTA tennis programs are now being held at William E. Neis Park under Coronavirus guidelines.
- First Saturday Chess (Historical Society Park) has been cancelled until further notice due to the ongoing Coronavirus public health situation.
- Youth Fish Program (Borough Dam), a community tradition that dates back as long as anyone now living can remember. Please note that due to the continuing public health threat of the Coronavirus and the Governor's request that all events of 250 participants or more be suspended, the annual Fish Stocking event at the Borough Dam scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, 2020 has been cancelled. In addition, the annual Youth Fishing Derby, scheduled for April 4, 2020, has been postponed with no rescheduled date at this time.
- Scenic Stroll - Cancelled for Fall 2020 due to Cornoavirus.
- Arts and Crafts Cancelled for the 2020 season due to Coronavirus
- Outdoor Games Cancelled for the 2020 season due to Coronavirus
- Summer Shows For Children Cancelled for the 2020 season due to Coronavirus
To ensure you are notified when the programs are announced sign up for DMail.
Several area sports organizations are active in Doylestown Borough:
Baseball, softball, lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, field hockey
Doylestown Athletic Association Basketball, lacrosse, soccer
Central Bucks Athletic Association.
The Burpee Park Pavillion is not currently available for rent.