Meets: 1st Thursday at 6 pm
This council sub committee is responsible for:
- The care and maintenance of the Borough’s street trees in consultation with the Shade Tree Commission.
- Reviewing the Shade Tree Commission’s proposed tree planting program each year and make a recommendation to Council.
- The oversight of the conditions of the Borough’s park system, including all of its facilities.
- The oversight of the activities of the Public Works Department and the parks’ foreman as they relate to the parks.
- The Borough’s recreation program and shall oversee the activities of the recreation director and other program directors.
- Reviews all proposals from the Environmental Advisory Committee and forward to the appropriate Council committee as applicable.
- Makes recommendations to the full Borough Council concerning energy and environmental ordinances and initiatives.
- Oversees the Borough’s energy conservation, bicycle friendly, and paperless initiatives.
- The committee is the liaison to the following:
- Park and Recreation Board.
- Fanny Chapman Pool Board of managers.
- Shade Tree Commission.
- Doylestown Athletic Association and other youth sports organizations.
- Doylestown Borough/Township Joint Bike Hike Committee.
- Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC) on matters of energy & environment and provide the EAC with policy guidance and direction as needed.
- Wendy Margolis, Chair
- Tim Brennan
- Joe Frederick
- Jen Jarret