The Park and Recreation Department is responsible for Parks and Recreational facilities in the Borough of Doylestown. Find us on Facebook!
Dave Burger grew up in Doylestown Borough attending Doyle Elementary, Lenape Middle School and Central Bucks West High School. Dave then attended Bucks County Community College and received an Associates degree in management/marketing. He began his career working for the Borough of Doylestown in 1993 as a part-time Summer Laborer. Dave then worked for Doylestown Township for 4 years as a Roads Laborer before returning to the Borough in 2002 as the Parks Maintenance Foreman. Dave is responsible for directing the public works laborers and seasonal employees in Borough parks maintenance and construction activities. Dave is also the Borough’s liaison for the Shade Tree Committee. Dave resides in Hilltown Township with his wife, Sue, and their two children Ashley and Ryan.
- Check out our parks on the Parks page.
- Borough Recreation Programs include summer arts and crafts and outdoor games for children, chess, tennis lessons from Bucks County Tennis Association, the youth fishing program, summer shows for children and more.
- The Fanny Chapman Memorial Swimming Pool was opened to the public on a membership basis on June 21, 1927. The pool has been serving the community ever since.
- The pavilion in Burpee Park is not currently available for rental by the public due to Covid-19.
- Doylestown Borough is a bike friendly community. The Doylestown Community Bike and Hike Network is a network of 16 miles of completed trails, shared roadways and side-paths for use by bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Printable Parks Map