Finding the perfect spot for your business is a tricky task. While you are looking for space please check the following things before you sign a lease so that you won’t encounter problems with permits.
First things first, check if what you want to do at the location is permitted by right or needs zoning relief. You can research your use and the zoning district of the location you are considering in the Online Code of Ordinance.
- Check that the location has enough parking for the amount of space and type of activity you will do there. You can use the New Business page to work this out.
- Nolo’s Basic legal guidance on commercial leases
- What you need to do to move in depends on your specific situation. More information on that is here.
- Still looking for space? Check our page of great locations in town.
- If you have questions, call us before you sign the lease.
- Please do not forget to apply for your Use and Occupancy Permit.
The information provided in this guide is intended only to assist individuals in understanding the code requirements. It is not a complete recitation of the code. Property owners should consult the Doylestown Borough Code of Ordinance for answers to specific questions.