Meets: 2nd Monday of the month - 6PM
This council sub-committee is responsible for:
Facilitating relations and supporting effective communication, creative problem solving, strategizing of community concerns and dialogue between residents, local businesses, neighborhood groups, merchant groups, community-based organizations, Borough staff and government officials, including Borough Council.
Items in this committee pertain to matters of:
- Engaging the youth and seniors of our community
- Coordination with community partners on various projects including Borough beautification and streetscape improvements including flower baskets and winter holiday decorations
- Issues dealing with Economic and Community development including the Revitalization Program
- Act as a liaison between Borough Council and community organizations including the CB Cares Educational Foundation, Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce, the Civil War Roundtable, Doylestown Business and Community Alliance, Doylestown Farmers Market, Doylestown Hospital Authority, Doylestown Historical Society, Doylestown Merchants Group and the Economic Development Advisory Board
- Issues dealing with communication including the website, Borough Bulletin newsletter, social media and D-Mail
- Issues dealing with pedestrian and bicycle safety
- Issues dealing with community events including the Arts Festival, Bucks County Classic Bicycle Race, 5K races and other events
- Issues dealing with cable television service and shall act as liaison between the Borough, Comcast and Verizon
- Issues dealing with relevant proclamations and community recognitions.
Meetings are monthly and often include concerned residents, community activists and working professionals whose interest resides in the passage of one or more items on the agenda for that day. Borough staff and elected officials are always present.
Don Berk (Chair)
< Back to Government